Achieving compliance is not an easy journey. It has to be undertaken pro-actively, step by step and continuously.
The environmental impact of the shipping industry is under close scrutiny. The IMO, the EU and national governments are creating more stringent and sometimes complex regulations to reduce its impact.
Pollution from exhaust gas emissions has to be monitored, reported and reduced. On the bright side of things, it also creates several opportunities to reduce cost of operations.
- How many type of scrubbers are there and what are the differences between them?
- What often forgotten key aspects are needed prior to installing EGCS, SCR & EGR?
- How do I ensure safe operations?
- Are there chemicals available in each port?
- Where can open-loop scrubbers operate to reduce alkali consumption?